Your Boston Condo Resource, Located at 137 Charles Street Boston, MA 02114
Concent to SubleaseCONSENT TO SUBLEASE
This consent to sublease is entered into as of ________[date] by and among ________, a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Landlord”), ________ a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Sublessor”), and ________ Corporation, a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Sublessee”).
Landlord entered into a lease with Sublessor dated ________, which lease and all riders and amendments are in this consent to sublease called the “Master Lease,” by which Landlord leased to Sublessor certain premises in the building known as ________;
Sublessor desires to sublet a portion of the premises covered by the Master Lease, consisting of approximately ________ rentable square feet of space (the “Premises”), to Sublessee and Sublessee desires to lease the Premises from Sublessor;
The terms of the Master Lease require the consent of Landlord to any subletting and Landlord has agreed to grant consent.
Landlord consents to the sublease of the Premises between Sublessor and Sublessee dated ________; (the “Sublease”), a copy of which Sublease is attached hereto and made a part of this document as Exhibit “A,” subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Sublease shall be subject and subordinate at all times to all of the covenants, agreements, terms, provisions and conditions of the Master Lease and of this Consent. Neither Sublessor nor Sublessee shall do or permit anything to be done in connection with the Sublease or Sublessee’s occupancy of the Premises as defined in the Sublease which will violate the Master Lease or this Consent.
2. Sublessee will not, without prior written consent of Landlord in each instance, assign the Sublease or sublet the Premises or any part of them.
3. Sublessee agrees that no substantial alterations, additions or physical changes will be made in the Premises or any part of them without Landlord’s prior written consent in each instance.
4. This Consent by Landlord shall not be in any way or manner a release of Sublessor from any and all obligations to be performed by Sublessor as the Lessee under the Master Lease. The parties agree that Landlord may, after a default by Sublessor under the Master Lease, collect all rents due and owing from Sublessee, and the collection of rents due shall not be a waiver of any rights and remedies of Landlord against Sublessor as the Lessee under the Master Lease.
5. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Sublease, nothing contained in the Sublease, or contained in this Consent, shall enlarge or increase Landlord’s obligations or liability under the Master Lease or otherwise, and in the event of a default in the Master Lease which results in a termination of the Master Lease, the Sublease and Sublessee’s rights in the Premises shall also be terminated.
6. Upon the execution of this Consent and the Sublease, Sublessee agrees to be fully bound and obligated under all the terms and conditions of the Master Lease. This Consent by Landlord shall not bind Landlord to perform any of the obligations of Sublessor as may be provided in the Sublease.
7. This Consent shall not be changed orally but only by an agreement in writing signed by all parties.
8. Sublessor agrees to reimburse Landlord, upon demand, for expenses incurred in connection with Landlord’s consent to the Sublease, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees incurred by Landlord.
The parties to this Consent to Sublease have caused it to be duly executed as of the day and year first above written.
Sales of Boston condos at Ink Block's Sepia building are approaching 70 percent! Buy Your Boston Condo Before It's Too Late!
New England Development sure looks like it made a very wise call when it decided last year to add some new downtown boston condos to the mix at Boston's much-anticipated Ink Block development.
At the time, some real estate insiders had wondered whether the Boston condo market was truly ready for newly constructed luxury condos, assuming instead that building more high-end apartment was the safer way to go.
But advance sales of luxury condos in the Sepia building, within the much-anticipated Ink Block development in Boston's South End, are approaching 70 percent - and now the developer is weighing whether to add more condos to the project.
Sue Hawkes, president of The Collaborative Companies in Boston, the sales representative for Ink Block, said there's still a "strong mix" of condos available within the eight-story Sepia - studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom units.